Assistant Cook / Nutrition Services
Reports to Kitchen Manager
Full Time 37.50 hours a week
Salary Range: 15.00/hr
We are looking to hire a dedicated and reliable assistant cook to assist the Kitchen Manager with ingredient preparation as well as perform all washing and cleaning duties required in the kitchen. The kitchen assistant's responsibilities include assisting with inventory control, removing the garbage, and clearing refrigerators, freezers, and storage rooms. The Assistant Cook is a hands-on position.
• Must be able to prepare sandwiches, salads To-Go meals when required.
• Must have experience using a knife and slicer for food preparation.
• Must be able to follow instructions for special diet prep.
• Must be able to assist in hot food preparation.
• Must have or be able to acquire, the Food Handlers certification within the first 6 months of hiring.
• Must be able to walk, bend, stand, and lift at least 60lbs.
• Must know or be willing to learn how to rotate inventory as needed.
• Must be able to read, count, follow and comprehend instructions.
• Must work well with others or alone.
• Must be willing to wash dishes, clean all kitchen equipment, appliances, meal carts, pots, and pans. Clean and mop floors daily, maintaining a clean and sanitize work environment throughout the kitchen.
• Must be able to perform all job activities in compliance with nondiscrimination and equal opportunity policies.
After training and probation, the days are Monday to Friday from 8am-4pm
Requirements and skills
Proven experience as Assistant Cook
Knowledge of use Deli slicer and kitchen knives and general kitchen equipment
Knowledge and understanding of basic recipes
Attention to detail and conscientiousness
Good physical condition and strength
Driver’s license is preferred
High School Diploma or GED is required
Please note: This program feeds over 300 children and adults a day, we follow all CACFP guidelines and provide nutritious meals to all children. We are an equal opportunity Provider